Free Car Check from the DVLA Online
If you're looking at purchasing a new set of wheels, did you know that you can use the DVLA's free Vehicle Online checking service to see what information they hold on their database about a vehicle? So before you hand over your hard-earned cash, it might just be worth checking a few details about your new vehicle BEFORE you secure the deal. Such as:
- How much will the road tax cost me each year?
- What are the CO2 emissions?
- What is the engine size of the vehicle?
- When is the tax next due?
What do I need to make a free car check?
In order to make an enquiry you will need the vehicle registration mark (number plate), and the vehicle make (for example, Ford).
What information can I find from the DVLA's free car check?
- Date of Liability
- Date of First Registration
- Year of Manufacture
- Cylinder Capacity (cc)
- CO2 Emissions
- Fuel Type
- Export Marker
- Vehicle Status
- Vehicle Colour
- Vehicle Type Approval
- The cost of the Vehicle Excise Duty rate (road tax) - 6 months and 12 months costs