Have you left it to the last minute and need some expert tips to pass your Theory Test? Don't worry, we're here to help!
So, your Theory Test is this week and you’ve left it to the last minute to prepare; probably because you’ve got more interesting things to do…
Don’t panic, we’ll get through this together. Here’s a quick look at our expert tips to pass your Theory Test.
Driving Theory Test Revision Tips
Follow our revision tips below to help you get through the test, but remember that you'll find it much easier if you use our Driving Theory Test 4 in 1 App at only £4.99!
- Make sure you have seen all the Theory Test questions. There are 721 in the entire DVSA revision bank to answer!
- If you are using our Driving Theory Test 4 in 1 app, use the 'Settings' to select 'questions not yet seen', and 'questions previously answered incorrectly' to make sure you're answering every question.
- Make sure you recap the hardest topics such as stopping distances, reflective studs, essential documents, emergency vehicles and safety in your vehicle.
- Make sure you're passing at least 5 mock Theory Tests consecutively and have at least 5 minutes to spare at the end of each one.
- Make sure you are flagging any difficult theory questions and revisit them at the end.
- Carefully read each Theory Test question and answer choices, and then read the question again to ensure you answer correctly! We advise you spend around 1 minute per question.
What do I need to take to the Theory Test with me?
You’ll need your UK provisional driving licence with you to be allowed to take the Theory Test. So, make sure you know where it is as a new one can take up to 15 days to arrive!
You can’t take any personal items into the test room with you. Here’s what you can’t take in with you.
- Mobile phones
What’s in the Theory Test?
There are two parts to your 2019 Theory Test:
Multiple-choice questions – 57 minutes long, 50 questions, and you need 43 correct answers to pass.
Hazard Perception Test– 14 x 1-minute videos - you need 44 points out of 75 to pass.
You’ll need to pass both parts of the Theory Test to get your hands on a certificate!
The multiple-choice part of the exam is straightforward; simply get 43 of the 50 questions correct to pass. Some of the questions are case study questions, which will be about a real-life situation you could come across when driving.
The Hazard Perception Test is the more interactive part of the test; in this section, you’ll have to watch 14 one-minute clips which feature at least one developing hazard.
The DVSA wants to keep you on your toes by featuring two developing hazards in one of the videos, so watch out for that one.
You need to click the mouse whenever you see a hazard developing. Each hazard carries a maximum score of five, and you’ll gain more points for spotting hazards earlier!
Read our full guide about what you should know about the Hazard Perception Test for more information.
Now, it’s time to cram to pass your Driving Theory Test!
Right, now you know what you’re up against; it’s time to start cramming!
Make sure you're taking advantage of the mock Theory Test functionality where you can take as many as you need!
There’s a range of products out there to work from like Apple’s No.1 paid iPhone app of 2018: Driving Theory Test 4 in 1 App - for just £4.99!
Use the Driving Theory Test 4 in 1 App to work your way through the Theory Test questions and answers till you know your stuff.
You can flag up hard questions, watch training videos and sit unlimited amounts of mock tests!
There are some tricky questions on the test, so make sure you know them all!
Here are the Theory Test’s top 10 toughest questions that could be thrown at you in 2019.
Now you should know everything and be ready to take your test, so make sure you know what the average Theory Test Pass Mark is.