Learner Driver Suite - L of a Way 2 Pass
This comprehensive video product will enable you to eliminate all the negative emotions that inhibit learning, including fear, panic, embarrassment, intimidation and replace with confidence, and increased self-esteem.
The techniques are so effective, you'll find yourself not only using them for your driving lessons, but before your test to enable you to perform as well on test as you do on lessons. You will learn how to assess your own individual Learning Style, so your instructor can adapt their teaching style to match your individual needs, enabling you to learn more quickly, easily and with less frustration and repetition.
- Enable you to eliminate test day nerves
- Eliminate the negative emotions that inhibit the learning process
- Increase your Confidence/Competence balance
- Eliminate the need for your instructor to keep repeating MSPSL routine
- Prevent you from 'talking yourself into failure'
- Discover your own learning style, so your instructor can tailor the lesson to your needs
- Help you to 'master the manoeuvres' between lessons
- Enable you to drive on test to the same standard as you do on lessons
- Improve your ability if you struggle with learning to drive
- Eliminate the huge amount of repetition during lessons
- Increase your confidence and self esteem
- Never muddle up left/right
- The Top Ten reasons for test failure - and how to avoid them
- Test Day Stress Busters
- Real life stories from learners and instructors who';ve used the techniques
Included in this video product:
Introduction: Find out how to get the most from these video downloads.
Involve your instructor: Information on how you can use the videos in conjunction with your driving lessons.
Learning Styles: Discover your own preferred learning style, includes a handy Learning Styles Questionnaire you can complete and share with your instructor.
Increasing Confidence: Find out how to increase your confidence, banish those nerves and increase your self-esteem.
Increasing Competence: Learn the techniques that will help you to remember more from each lesson.
Mastering the Manoeuvres: Learn the effective techniques to help you perform each of the manoeuvres correctly every time.
Psychological Reversal: Do you ever muddle up left/right? Or perhaps you say to your instructor 'I hate left reverse, roundabouts, hill starts' etc. What about ability to drive well... right up until the day of your test? Or have you ever stood at the top of the stairs and wondered what you went up there for?! All of these are indicators of Psychological Reversal. A simple technique taking only seconds will ensure that you are not Psychologically Reversed.
Thought Field Therapy: An amazing technique that will eliminate numerous negative emotions that inhibit the learning process and replace with increased confidence and self esteem. This technique is so powerful that it's been used on American Troops returning from Afghanistan with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Panic at a hill start? Scared of roundabouts? Frustrated can't get a manoeuvre correct? Upset over a failed test? Embarrassed or intimidated sitting with an examiner? All of these issues and many more will be eliminated by using these techniques. A comprehensive demonstration is shown, and then each of the emotions that can be eliminated are demonstrated separately, so you can just watch the appropriate clip. In addition, a comprehensive pdf download in the resources section, gives full details of these techniques in a handy pupil handout.
Top Ten Reasons for Failure - and how to avoid them: Covering effective use of mirrors, manoeuvres, awareness and planning.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): Three great techniques in the resources section, enabling you to perform the manoeuvres correctly (by 'modelling' yourself on your instructor's technique), eliminate self doubt, and increase self-esteem.
Let's hear from learners: Interviews with learners and instructors who've used the techniques to great effect.
- Eliminating dual carriageway fear: Many of you will relate to this real life story. Follow Sarah before and after venturing on the dual carriageway for the first time. Experience how Thought Field Therapy techniques were used to eliminate her anxiety, panic, and intimidation, enabling her to drive on dual carriageways with confidence, when prior to the techniques she was scared to do so.
Also includes a range of pdf downloads:
- Top Ten Reasons for failure - and how to avoid them: Essential reading for all learners, as this could mean the difference between passing and failing your driving test. This supports what you will have been learning from your instructor.
- Test Day Stress Busters: A guide to the techniques in the video, with additional exercises to help you to remain calm, relaxed, focused, confident and in control on your test.
- TFT/NLP Handouts: All the techniques from the video, plus many more, in an easy to use guide.
- Learning Styles Questionnaire: Ascertain you individual Learning Style, enabling your instructor to tailor the lesson to your specific needs, helping you to learn more easily.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT a video and resource package about driving, nor is it intended to replace the role of a Approved Driving Instructor (ADI). It is about providing you with additional methods and techniques that will enable you to pass your test without nerves getting in the way.
Learning to drive with Dyslexia and/or Dyspraxia
Did you know that a massive 10% of the population is diagnosed as dyslexic, with an estimation that up to 25 percent of the population may have some form of dyslexia. People who are dyslexic will benefit from multi-sensory learning techniques to help them to take information on board more easily.
This section contains essential video tutorials and downloadable pdfs covering the most common issues faced by learners with dyslexia and dyspraxia, as well as helpful advice on how to combat these issues.
- Discover the common issues faced by many learners with dyslexia and/or dyspraxia
- Solutions to these issues
- Featuring expert advice from a Dyslexia Assessor at Staffordshire University
- Helpful advice to help you with the theory, practical test and driving post test
- How emotions affect the dyslexic and/or dyspraxic learner
- Dyslexic & Dyspraxic Dilemma Chapter from L of a way 2 Pass book:
- Thought Field Therapy and NLP techniques to aid you
- Common problems and strategies to help dyslexic learners
- Dyslexia and self-esteem
- Dyslexic learners and Visual Disturbance/Instability Syndrome
- Multi-Sensory Learning: preferred learning styles
- Mindmapping & Brain Gym to aid learning
- Accelerated Learning including the Theory of Multiple Intelligences
- The use of 'chunking', Objective Setting
- Connecting the Hemispheres, Review and Recall
- Pupil becomes the teacher, Music and Learning
- A useful resources/contacts section
- A Learning Styles Questionnaire to help your instructor to tailor lessons to your individual needs
Ideal for learner drivers and driving instructors
Featuring the experience and expertise of Colleen Pearson who, in addition to being a Dyslexia Assessor at Staffordshire University, is also dyspraxic herself. Her unique blend of specialist knowledge, combined with her own experiences of learning to drive, will be beneficial for driving instructors and learners alike. You will certainly relate to Colleen's easy going, helpful and informative style. For learners who struggle with learning to drive, this video will not only give you great techniques to help you, but also to build your confidence in your ability.
There are many instructors who have a specialist knowledge of teaching pupils with dyslexia and/or dyspraxia, however many instructors won't be aware of the impact that dyslexia and/or dyspraxia can have on learning to drive, such as sequencing issues, short term memory problems, muddling up left right, spatial awareness etc.
Often learners won't tell their instructor that they are dyslexic and/or dyspraxic as they may be embarrassed to, or not think it affects learning to drive. I urge you to tell your instructor as they are not telepathic and if you don't tell them, you will find yourself and your instructor may get very frustrated, whereas if they are aware of the issues that you may face, they can then tailor your lessons to suit your own individual needs.